Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Day We Visited The Library

Like most things involving Alfie these days, our first real outing to the library was highly anticipated in my mind.  

Yes.......... my over enthusiasm to show this little man the world gets me rather excited about the smallest of adventures these days!!!  Long may they continue!

So we dragged nagged invited Aunty Bes to come with us so I could really enjoy picking out bright and colourful books that Alfie would love.  I would read him two or three of them and we would practically jump into the pages of the adventure stories like something out of a Mary Poppins scene.  Alfie could sit on my lap all snuggled in, or even sit himself on one of the colourful chairs, looking like a proper grown up young boy!  We were going to laugh and giggle at the some of the stories and I was prepared for Alfie to maybe even have a little cry when it was time to go home.........


Well that was the plan anyway.......


But we had to get a few things done first.
Like play with the fascinating buttons on the radiator.
And play with the toy beads.
Or play that fun game where it's really fun to look at things upside down.
And of course, find out what it was that Aunty Bes kept in her bag.
There was even a small hint of a tantrum which involved lying flat out on the floor when all the raisins were gone.  (Oh boy, that kid can go through a LOT of raisins.)

But there were moments of curiosity regarding the stacks of books Alfie saw when he held on tightly to the shelves.  There was one book which really made us smile.  Well done for finding this one Alfie!
And when I found an very aptly titled book, I sat Alfie on my lap and bribed him with a biscuit in exchange for a few precious minutes of calmness........
 What a great day!
 Even Bes found a book to read!
It was eventually time to go home so these were the books we chose to take away with us.
So long........ until next time!
xxx

1 comment: