Thursday 27 December 2012

A (not so) Happy Christmas

Well, Jason waking up to an empty house on Christmas morning was not supposed to happen.....

And me waking up with Alfie in hospital was definitely not supposed to happen either......


And I could have absolutely done without a nasty bout of flu that refused to leave me all week!!



But hey.... plans always change when there is a baby around!
Once we were at the (newly refurbished) Children's Hospital in Cardiff, it was quickly confirmed that Alfie had a bad case of croup.  
Our little man with all his smiles, giggles and baby gurgling talk sounded more like an angry seal......


He was one very sad and unhappy little boy....


But we couldn't have asked for more caring people looking after him!  
They even made sure Santa knew where to find him!!!  After a tough, tough night, it was so lovely to see a little pile of presents sitting next to Alfie's cot.  Such a surprise!!!  
And when Jay came in with Alfie's presents from home...... he certainly started to look more like himself again!!!  Phew!!!!!!!!!!



Despite Christmas this year being overshadowed by illness, there were some moments that made us smile.....



Like when I opened this handmade present from my Mum and Dad!!


Or when Alfie first saw his train set from Nana & Grampy Newberry!!
(All those bits and pieces to play with)


Or when Miss Ellie first saw Alfie's train set from Nana & Grampy Newberry!!
(All those bits and pieces to play with)


But I especially loved it when I knew I had absolutely 100% nailed Jay's present this year!!
POW!!




It turned out to be a special Christmas after all - even if I had to watch it all from under a blanket on the settee.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment