Thursday 2 February 2012

The Nursery

This was always going to be the most exciting part of preparing for Alfie's arrival.....

If you know me well, you will know that I only need the slightest excuse for re-decorating a room in our house!  I had the theme in mind for as many years as I care to remember and decided on a neutral and pale polka-dot scheme, knowing that in the event of us having a boy, my world would soon be filled with colours resembling anything from football teams to Lightening McQueen!  On reflection, that was a good decision!

Blank canvas!

Miss Ellie - Making herself at home, as usual, in the wrong place!

Aunty Bes putting her practical skills to the test!

Project Managers!

When my sister Bethany was a little girl I would often read a book entitled, 'Guess How Much I Love You'.  If you are familiar with it, you will know that it's all about two hares that lovingly attempt to 'out-do' the other, in their love for each other.
It is beautifully illustrated and was always the perfect choice given the memories already cemented by the story and the less familiar theme meant it would be slightly more unique than anything I'd seen in the shops.  The whole process was a labour of love from each stitch that my mum sewed in the fabric to each brush stroke that our friend, Natalie painted on the wall...... 


Hopefully these pictures give it some justice!








x


1 comment: